Babies at the age of 1 have a great risk of choking than older babies therefore you should follow a special one year baby healthy food plan. As they have small airways and has a less control over swallowing.
You should always stay with them while feeding them. Don’t feed them in a moving vehicle or stroller. You better encourage them to chew the food well and have small bites.
One Year Baby Healthy food Plan
Milk is the most important part of baby’s food. It provides a fair amount of calcium and Vitamin D which play a key role in building and strengthening of bones.
You should feed kids under 2 years of age on whole milk for dietary fibers which are necessary for the normal growth of baby and brain development.
General Guidelines For one year baby healthy food:
- Babies can listen to their hunger cues, so you should leave up to them how much to eat.
- You should not give the baby liquids just before meals.
- Give him not more than 24 ounces of milk per day.
- You will have to introduce a new food many times before the baby accepts it because babies are hesitant to new foods.
- You should consult your family doctor for more individualized recommendations.
Healthy Snack for One year Baby:
- Small bite sized pieces of well-cooked beef or you can also try the chicken and gently cooked veggies.
- Fruit smoothies which are based on dairy products like milk or yogurt.
- Raisin sweet made up of milk could be a good
- Banana bread is one of the best choices because it is easy to swallow and reduces the risk of choking.
- Wheat cream or other whole grain cereals which are softly cooked can also be served.
Young babies have a great risk of food-Bourne diseases. So you should cook the food well before serving to your kid.
Harmful bacteria such as Salmonella, Listeria and E.coli die if you cook the food at an appropriate temperature.